Thursday, January 21, 2010

EOC Week 2 - My Demograph

The book describes my generation as impatient, opinionated, “street smart”, time managers, and inquisitive among other things. Personally, I agree with this completely if you look back at how people my age grew up oppose to the “X’ers” and Baby Boomers you can split a line down the middle. Personally, I’m not afraid to speak my mind and give my opinion because I believe it matters. As a child, I watched my mother transform into a very independent and strong woman with no fears, which she instilled in my brother, sisters, and I. She also taught us to learn from books and my teachers while at the same time listening to the streets and always staying insightful. I was always told to be at least 15 minutes early before any appointment which meant that I needed at least an hour to get there and at least an hour to get ready. As I grew up, I realized that if I never stop asking questions then there’s a limitless amount of information that I can learn. Also, as more immigrants continue to come into the states and more children are being born the competition for a good career continues to get heated. Which means more and more people will be forced to live in poverty and in the ghetto, forcing them to learn the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment